On August 17th Auckland Ultimate Inc. held its annual general meeting. Many thanks to all those members who made the time to come along and take an interest in the running of your organisation. Also, many thanks to the executive committee from the past year, Joe Seebeck, Tim Germann, Ben McEwan, Sherif Ibrahim. Auckland Ultimate is still run entirely by people donating their own time, so make sure to thank these guys next time you see them. The most newsworthy outcome from the meeting was the election of the executive committee for the next year, and thanking of departing committee members. Joe Seebeck has stood down from his role for the past three years as president. Joe achieved a huge amount in his time as president, and deserves many thanks for time and effort he put into the job. Among other things, Joe was responsible for instigating some significant achievements
- Moving and growing our spring and summer leagues to the fantastic Cornwall park venue
- Expanding the leagues offered to include Mens, Women's, competitive mixed and social mixed leagues
- Commissioning the AU membership database website
- Organising NZU Mixed Nationals 2009, which was awarded NZU Tournament of the year.
- Improving consistency and standards of AU events and leagues
- Joe is still volunteering his time to make sure ultimate players have opportunities to play, be sure to thanks him at Taupo Hat!